For immediate release: December 16, 2022
City of Belgrade Parking Ordinance Revision 2023
On January 4, 2023, City of Belgrade Revised Parking Ordinance 5-4 will take effect. Major changes to the existing ordinance include some of the following:
- Penalties for violation of the ordinance will change from a misdemeanor offense to a civil penalty of $20 per infraction, plus administrative fees for delinquent payments.
- On-street parking will only be allowed for 3 days (72 hours) instead of 5 days
- Issuance of standardized parking tickets, and language allowing for the vehicle to be directly ticketed, as opposed to an identified offender
- Vehicles (motorized and non-motorized) left on the roadway must be moved a full vehicle length to avoid a violation
- Vehicles with three or more outstanding violations can be immobilized and/or towed
Additional information, including a full copy of the ordinance, can be found at www.belgrademt.gov/parking.